Friday, June 24, 2011

Mexican Chicken and Rice

This is one of favorite recipes because it is yummy and a one pot meal!!





1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into small pieces


1 pkg of taco seasoning


1 cup of white rice


1 12 oz can of mexicorn -a lot of the time I use half a can of regular corn-with juice


1 can of diced tomatoes-use the juice


1 3/4 cup of water


Cut the chicken into small pieces and coat with the taco seasoning. Cook in a skillet until the meat turns white on the outside. Add rice and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add cor, tomatoes, and water, stir and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.

I serve chips and homemade salsa with this meal.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! I'm always looking for new recipes(who isn't?) and this sounds quick and easy. I think I'll be trying it out this week. :0)

    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete